History of rue Mouffetard, Paris
One of the most historic parts of the city the street can trace its origins back to Roman times when Paris was a small settlement on the banks of the river known as Lutetia Parisiorum.
Several of the buildings have particular historic significance, including the numbers 6, 122 and 134 which are officially listed as "Monument historique" and carry the official Labyrinth logo.
The "fountain" or water source on the corner with Rue du Pot-de-Fer is created first in 1624 and is today the only public water source from this period in the district to have escape the modernization of the city.
The rue Mouffetard market in 1896